The finances of the parish
It costs about £400,000 a year to run our church. That is nearly £8,000 a week to ensure that:
- the Clergy and other staff are paid
- the building is properly maintained and heated
- the parish affairs are efficiently run
- our programme of activities continues to the highest standards, and
- we can support poorer parishes and give to charities at home and abroad.
Our Report and Financial Statements 2020 are available in pdf format. (This is a large file)
Our church relies for its upkeep on the stewardship of the congregation in financial support and time and talents. We do not receive any financial support from the State.
Regular committed giving - by standing order - allows us to plan ahead. And, for UK tax payers, the most efficient way to give to the church is by Gift Aid.
To join the Giving Scheme, please complete a Banker's Order Form and, if you are a UK taxpayer, please also complete a Gift Aid Declaration. Place your application in an envelope for the attention of the Stewardship Secretary.
For help or further information, please speak to the Vicar or one of the Churchwardens.
For up to date information on our charitable status, financial affairs and trustees please vist the
Charity Commission website